Guidelines for Joining Retreats
The keys to success in Dhammakaya Meditation Technique are being relaxed, placing your mind at the center of the body, and meditating continuously. But another important factor that will protect you from disturbances and help you to gain the the most benefits from Dhammakaya Meditation Technique is “to clearly understand the guidelines for joining Retreat”. These guidelines are not compiled and explained for the benefit of the teachers or the staffs, nor are they negative expression of tradition or blind faith in any organized religion Rather, they are based on the practical experience of thousands of meditators in Dhammakaya Meditation technique from around the world. Therefore, the guidelines can be considered as one of the key foundations for your success in Dhammakaya Meditation Technique. For your benefit, please read and consider throughout the “Guidelines” very carefully before applying our retreat program. Only those who feel that they can honestly and scrupulously follow the guideline should apply for admission. It would be most unfortunate if, inspite of repeated reminder, a participant does not follow the guideline and has to be asked to leave before the end of the program!!! Staying For the Whole Period of the Program A participant will have to stay for the whole period of the program in order to learn the completed basis of Dhammakaya Meditation Technique and to get used to meditate continuously on the single period which is very important for any further practice on Dhammakaya Meditation Technique. People With Serious Mental Illness Participants should be healthy both physically and mentally to attend meditation retreat. Even though meditation is good for everyone, it is not a substitute for medical or psychiatric treatments. We do not recommend this meditation technique to people with serious mental illness. Qualifications We welcome people from all over the world regardless of to race, creed or religion. However, a keen interest in meditation is very important and these following qualifications are needed:
- participants should be between 18-55 years old,
- participants could observe the course guidelines and the teacher’s guidance throughout the duration of the program.
- participants is willingly to adapt themselves to the accommodation and simple living conditions provided.
- Personal items
- Personal medication
- Warm clothing and footwear for cold weather
- A flashlight with batteries
- Loose, simple, and comfortable clothing
- Mosquito repellent
- Illegal drugs
- Alcohol and tobacco
- Candles, incense, or lighters
- Books or magazines that will create any distraction to you and others
- Communication devices such as an Internet accessible computer and mobile phone.
- Valuables and jewelry such as rings and necklaces
- Knives, weapons or other dangerous items